ALLIANCE offers private clients comprehensive advisory services. We provide support in relocating to or taking up residence in EU and also in planning and setting up the appropriate structures. We evaluate the most suitable domestic and international arrangements, including foundations and trusts, and we develop bespoke solutions.
In corporate succession and estate planning we think long term and strive for sustainable solutions. Our aim is to ensure maximum international flexibility through early planning.
Our experts also advise private clients on matrimonial property law. We advise our private clients on all aspects of tax arrangements and tax planning. In connection with contested wills, inheritance and matrimonial property agreements, and estate administration, we represent our clients before EU courts or arbitral tribunals.
We adhere to high ethical standards in all our activities. As lawyers and tax advisors we therefore enjoy the confidence of numerous wealthy private clients as well as the tax authorities.
Products & experience
Our key areas of activity are:
Relocation of private individuals and companies to and from EU:
- Overseeing the relocation of private individuals to EU, including choice of suitable place of residence or second place of residence
- Providing advice on lump-sum taxation and implementation
- Relocation of companies to EU, including choice of suitable domicile
- Amending pre-existing (international) agreements to the new EU situation and conditions, including changes to succession arrangements
- Providing advice on work and residence permits (where necessary)
- Filing applications for EU citizenship and relinquishing foreign citizenship
- Planning and advice in connection with social security issues
- Planning and implementing national and international relocations outside of EU
Advice on inheritance, family and property law in connection with succession planning:
- Drafting wills (handwritten or publicly notarised), deeds of gift and/or inheritance and renunciation of inheritance agreements, and marital contracts
- Planning the establishment of foundations, trusts and declared offshore structures
- Serving as executor of wills and testaments
- Providing in-court and out-of-court representation in inheritance and succession disputes
Advice on corporate successions:
- Choosing the corporate legal form and structure
- Changes of registered office, changes in legal form, reorganisations and liquidations
- Drafting shareholder agreements and advising on other corporate succession measures
- Assumption of directorships and foundation board mandates
Advice on corporate successions:
- Providing tax advice and assistance in conjunction with all the above-mentioned services
- Obtaining tax rulings where considered necessary or useful
- Representing clients in dealings with the tax authorities, particularly in assessment proceedings and appellate proceedings up to the Federal Supreme Court
- Providing second opinions on tax consequences and risks of structures recommended by banks, family offices etc.
- Reviewing tax returns completed and submitted by tax advisors, banks etc.
- Completing tax returns, in particular in complex cases or where there is an international dimension
- Representing clients in voluntary tax self-disclosures and in additional tax and penal tax proceedings.